When recycling make sure you remove lids and rinse out containers. Do not put recyclables in plastic bags. Residents are responsible for purchasing their own recycling container. View lists of acceptable and unacceptable items to recycle.
The following items can be recycled (PNG). All other items are to be placed with household trash.
- Commingled glass food and beverage containers
- Commingled metal (aluminum, steel or tin) food and beverage containers
- Commingled plastic food and beverage containers with recyclable symbol on container with numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7 only
- Corrugated cardboard boxes flattened
- Junk mail, mixed paper, paperboard and cardboard placed in brown paper bags OR reusable recycling container. Shredded paper should be placed in a transparent bag (not black) so that contents can be seen.
- Newspapers and magazines placed in trash can (lid off) OR placed in brown paper bags with outer plastic bags removed
- Clothes hangers, pots, pans and similar metal objects, are not to be recycled
- Glass Items:
- Broken glass
- Clay flower pots
- Light bulbs
- Window glass
- Food trays, plastic utensils, toys, and plant trays are not to be recycled
- No Styrofoam (even if it has a recycling symbol on it).
- Plastic bags may not be used as recycling containers and will not be picked up (with the exception of plastic bags containing shredded paper)
The hauler observes the following holidays:
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
Recycling can also be brought to the Recycling Center:
9 am to 1 pm
9 am to 2 pm