Children must bring an insulated lunch bag or lunch box and beverage with an ice pack if applicable (no glass containers and no Thermos bottles) each day. Because of the number of campers, lunches cannot be refrigerated. The only exception is on trip days when a completely disposable paper bag/plastic bag lunch and beverage is mandated unless the venue includes lunch in their admission prices. Refer to the Camp's Off-Site Trip and On-Site Reference Guide for details.
Parents/guardians can pre-order and pre-pay lunches usually on Mondays, Wednesays, Thursdays, and Fridays during the Summer Day Camp season (see registration packet for any exceptions due to a special activity and/or an off-site trip).
- Fun Food Monday utilizes the services of a local Subway Restaurant. Options include a 6-inch turkey, ham, Italian BMT, or tuna fish sandwich with American cheese, lettuce/tomato on the side, chips, and juice.
- Fun Food Wednesdays' lunches are ordered from a local McDonald's Restaurant with the choice of 4-piece or 6-piece chicken nuggets, a hamburger, or a cheeseburger. Each meal includes French fries, a beverage, and a McDonald's toy.
- On Thursdays, the camp staff offers Hot Diggity Dog Thursdays where they cook and serve a hot dog on a roll with chips, pudding, and a juice box. An extra serving can be ordered.
- Then it's Fun Food Friday that involves pizza from a local pizzeria (Vinny and Son Pizzeria, Lake Hopatcong). One or more slices can be ordered and a beverage is included.
For parents/guardians not wishing to order any of the above lunches, there are two alternatives:
- A peanut butter and jelly sandwich with chips, and a beverage.
- Yogurt, string cheese, fruit, and a beverage.
Special End of Camp BBQ
It has become a tradition that on the last day of camp, Jefferson Township Mayor Eric Wilsusen and former Mayor Russ Felter take over the gas grill and serves up complimentary hamburgers and hot dogs to all the campers enrolled on that day and all the staff members who are working.