Collected two (2x) times per week and recycling once per week (view Pick-Up Schedule by Area). Both trash and recycling should be placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. or the evening before in a standard 32-gallon container. The container should not weigh more than 50 lbs. when container is filled. The resident is responsible for purchasing their own receptacle.
Picked up on the second garbage day in lieu of one can of trash. Items such as a sofa, a dresser, a mattress, etc. will be picked up on the second trash day only. Construction debris (tile, sheetrock, fence posts, railroad ties, etc.) will not be picked up with trash.
Picked up on Wednesdays on a call-in basis only. Lawnmowers, washing machines, dryers, etc. will be picked up by the contractor but the resident must call (973) 697-1500 to get on the pick-up list. Metals items with Freon/CFCs in them (refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers) will also be picked up provided the Freon has been removed by a certified professional. Call 973-697-1500 and the receptionist will give you the name and phone number of such a person.
If your refrigerator is in working condition, JCP&L has a recycling program wherein you can receive $50 visit: energysavenj.com/fridge
Should be clean, dry and empty when placed at curb. Paper does not to be tied and cardboard boxes should be flattened. All recyclable items that can be picked up at curb can also be brought to our Recycling Yard.
- Commingled glass and food beverage containers
- Commingled metal (aluminum, steel or tin) food and beverage containers
- Commingled plastic food and beverage containers with recyclable symbol on container with No. 1, 2, 5 only
- Corrugated cardboard boxes flattened
- Junk mail, mixed paper, newspaper and magazines in receptacle (not tied)
- Shredded paper must be in clear plastic bags, with nothing else in bag
- NO PLASTIC BAGS
- NO STYROFOAM (even if it has a recycling symbol on it)
- Clothes hangers, pots, pans and flower pots
- Broken glass, ceramics, dishes, light bulbs, mirror, window glass
- Food trays, plastic utensils, toys and plant trays
Consists of grass, leaf, and brush pick up. Vegetative waste is picked up on Wednesdays beginning the first Wednesday in April and continues through the second Wednesday in December. Two bags or cans of grass, leaves, or brush may be placed curbside for pickup on Wednesday. The contractor will not pick up oversized landscaper barrels.
For six weeks in the spring (approximately mid-April until the Wednesday before Memorial Day) and six weeks in the fall, (approximately mid-October until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving), residents may place an unlimited amount of vegetative waste to the curb for pick up. After the six weeks is over, the contractor will pick up only two bags. There is no vegetative waste pick up during the week of the Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day holiday.