- Recreation & Senior Services
- Senior Citizens Services
- Language Assistance Plan
Language Assistance Plan
The Township of Jefferson Language Assistance Plan (LAP) is to address service to individuals with Limited English Proficiency (LEP).
The Township of Jefferson Dial A Ride program is responsible for the management of the Township’s local vehicle/bus medical transportation service. The Township is a Recipient of funds from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) for the purpose of providing medical transportation for residents residing in the Township of Jefferson. A Sub-Recipient within the County who receives its FTA funds for public transportation through the County. This Language Assistance Plan (LAP) applies to the Township of Jefferson Dial A Ride service area and to the residents of the public services of the sub-recipients.
This document has been prepared to conform to the Limited English Proficiency (LEP) requirements identified in the U.S. Department of Transportation’s implementing regulations, and Executive Order 13166,
Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency. This document is also consistent with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the U.S. Department of Justice’s guidelines on self-assessment, which are contained in the Language Access Assessment and Planning Tool for Federally Conducted and Federally Assisted Programs (May 2011).
Four Factor Analysis
The Township of Jefferson uses information obtained in a Four Factor Analysis to determine if the specific language services provided are appropriate. This analysis helps the Township of Jefferson communicate effectively with persons with LEP or low-literacy. The Four Factor Analysis considers the following components:
- The frequency with which LEP persons come into contact with the Township of Jefferson
- The nature and importance of the Township of Jefferson programs and services to people’s lives. We conduct client surveys once a year to get feedback on programs and services that we provide. We take these surveys in to determine if we are meeting the needs of our residents. Also Ocean County Transportation Service - Ocean Ride holds a hearing once a year to get feedback of services, which we are included in.
- The number or portion of LEP persons eligible to be served or likely to be encountered by the Township of Jefferson
- The resources available to the recipient for LEP outreach, as well as the costs associated with that outreach